Hello Parents, Students, and Community,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year. My name is Maryela Saucedo, I am honored to introduce myself as the Interim Principal for San Luis Middle School. I am a proud San Luis Middle graduate, being raised in this community has given me firsthand insight about the needs of our students and their families. It is the goal of San Luis Middle School faculty and staff to provide students with a safe and nurturing environment, where all students feel welcome and are successful. Moreover, students will be provided with high quality instruction to prepare them to be college and career ready. By working in collaboration, we will help students achieve their fullest potential and accomplish their academic goals.
As a school and district we offer many opportunities for our students to engage in a variety of activities to promote academic and social development. These include the following:
- CTY opportunities for students in 7th-8th grades
- ACT Prep Math level courses
- Sports, Clubs, and other extracurricular activities.
- Write Up a Storm for Reading/Writing
- Write Up a Storm support for the content areas: Math/Science/Social Studies
- TAP- Teacher Advancement Program – which includes Teacher support through Master Teachers (instructional Coaches) and Mentor Teachers
- Spelling Bee
- Gifted testing and placement with in-class support and programs such as STEAM classes.
I have an open-door policy, please stop by to talk to me about interests, questions, or any of the programs mentioned above. Parent involvement is very important during these years when your child is growing and changing, there will be many opportunities for you and your family to participate in schoolwide events and meetings. I look forward to collaborating with you to make this school year a memorable one.