On Staurday, March 16th, our fearless volleyball girls team competed against schools from all over the county. Our girls did extremely well; they received 4th place!
MVP: Julieta Castañeda
Coaches: Ms. Toledo and Miss Lomeli
Scorpions Sting with Pride !!!
Congratulations to Mia Navarro Lombera for being selected as this month's Ambassador of Excellence by Mrs. Castillo. 🎉
We are very proud of you, Mia! 🍎✏📚😀
Felicitaciones a Mia Navarro Lombera por haber sido seleccionada como Embajadora de Excelencia Academica del mes de marzo por Mrs. Castillo. 🎉
¡Estamos muy orgullosos de ti, Mia! 🍎✏📚
San Luis Middle School wants to thank Mrs. Espinoza and Mr. Castro for guiding and preparing our Science/Engineering Academy students to present their phenomenal projects at the Cesar Chavez Life & Legacy Event on Saturday, March 2nd.
Scorpions, we are extremely proud of you! We truly appreciate your hard work and commitment to the academy!
"Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves - and be free." César E. Chávez
¡Sí, se puede! 💪🏼🍎🇺🇸🇲🇽
Nuestra escuela desea agradecer a Mrs. Espinoza y a Mr. Castro por guiar y preparar a nuestros estudiantes de la Academia de Ciencias e Ingeniería para presentar sus destacados proyectos en el Evento de Vida y Legado de César Chávez este pasado sábado, 2 de marzo.
Escorpiones, estamos sumamente orgullosos de ustedes! ¡Apreciamos su arduo trabajo y compromiso con la academia!
¡Sí, se puede! 💪🏼🍎🇺🇸🇲🇽
Parents, for awareness and informational purpose:
Momo Challenge Warning from SmartSocial.com: Similar to the Blue Whale Challenge, the Momo Challenge is a dangerous viral social media trend with teens and tweens. The challenge encourages students to contact an unknown person called “Momo” via WhatsApp and Facebook.
Throughout the challenge, children are sent violent and graphic images and texts. The stranger then asks for photos and videos of themselves completing certain tasks. If a child wants to stop the challenge “Momo” threatens to leak their personal information. At first, the tasks are small.
What can parents do?
- Consider talking about the challenge with your child and ask if they have heard about it
- Discuss the dangers of the challenge and remind them that the creator of “Momo” is not a fictional character but rather a real person with negative intentions
- Teach your children to never communicate with strangers on social media and to never share personal information online
- Remind your children that they can always talk to you about anything that makes them feel uncomfortable on social media
- Understand the social media sites your children use regularly such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Snapchat and Instagram
- Require your child share passwords to their devices as well as any online accounts
Click here to learn more: https://smartsocial.com