Students » Student Enrollment

Student Enrollment

Regulations and Procedures For Enrollment of Students
According to Gadsden Elementary School District Governing Board, Policy JECB "Residency of the parent/guardian or surrogate may be determined by showing the individual's presence and intent to remain in the District. Documentation of residency may include, but is not limited to, landlord-tenant agreements, rent or lease receipts and receipts for utility payment."
Adopted: December 13, 1994
School Admissions
The person enrolling a student (except homeless students as defined in A.S.R. 15-824) in the District for the first time will be asked to produce one of the following proofs (A.R.S. 15-828):
A Certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
Other reliable proof of the student's identify and age, including the student's baptismal certificates, an application for Social Security number, original school registration records, and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the student (pursuant to statute) certifying that the student has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law.
The parent, guardian, or surrogate will be given thirty days to provided documentation requested as listed above. If documentation is not provided within ten days, the local law enforcement agency will be notified.
Nothing contained in this policy, JEC (1), shall authorize the District to disclose to any person a student's educational record without prior parental consent unless the District makes a determination that disclosure of such records is necessary to protect the health and safety of the student.
Adopted: December 13, 1994
Documents When Registering Students:
Parents Must Present The Following Documents When Registering Students:
  1. Certified copy of child's birth certificate
  2. The child's immunization records
  3. Last Report Card from previous school.
Legal Guardians Must Present The Following Documents When Registering Students:
  1. Certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
  2. The child's immunization records.
  3. A legal document from the court indicating that the guardian has legal custody of the child. Notarized letters or other non-court documents ARE NOT acceptable.
Both Parents Or Legal Guardians Will Need The Following As Proof Of Residency When Enrolling Child:
  1. Utility bills (electric/water) and rent receipts for three consecutive months prior to enrollment are needed unless the parent or legal guardian has legitimate proof that they are new residents of the district.
  2. Rent receipt from landlord with signature clearly legible.
If The Parent Is Living With Another Person Or Family, The Following Documentation Is Necessary:
  1. The person with whom the registering family resides must accompany the parent to register the children.
  2. The person with whom the registering family is residing must:
    • Furnish utility bills (electric/water) for the three prior consecutive months with their name and correct address on it.
    • Rent receipt for the prior three consecutive months with the landlord's signature clearly legible.