Parents, for awareness and informational purpose:
Momo Challenge Warning from SmartSocial.com: Similar to the Blue Whale Challenge, the Momo Challenge is a dangerous viral social media trend with teens and tweens. The challenge encourages students to contact an unknown person called “Momo” via WhatsApp and Facebook.
Throughout the challenge, children are sent violent and graphic images and texts. The stranger then asks for photos and videos of themselves completing certain tasks. If a child wants to stop the challenge “Momo” threatens to leak their personal information. At first, the tasks are small.
What can parents do?
- Consider talking about the challenge with your child and ask if they have heard about it
- Discuss the dangers of the challenge and remind them that the creator of “Momo” is not a fictional character but rather a real person with negative intentions
- Teach your children to never communicate with strangers on social media and to never share personal information online
- Remind your children that they can always talk to you about anything that makes them feel uncomfortable on social media
- Understand the social media sites your children use regularly such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Snapchat and Instagram
- Require your child share passwords to their devices as well as any online accounts
Click here to learn more: https://smartsocial.com
Read More »